Nomad 45 combo specs and thoughts

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirius

Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering if any kind owner of a nomad 45 combo could give me the size and weight of the amp. I've searched the net for it but couldn't find these specs.

Also, feel free to give your opinion on this amp. I'm thinking about trading my DC-5 combo for it. Mainly because I think the dc5 is heavy and to big, + it plays so frickin loud, I want an amp with lower wattage. Am I looking into the wrong amp with the nomad?

Thanks!

Which combo?
1x12, 2x12, or 4x10?

if 2x12, height: 19", width: 26-1/4", depth: 11-1/2".

As far as weight goes, I don't have a scale, but it has got to be a good 80lbs if not more.

If its a Mesa its gonna be heavey,these babies are made with no les than 9 plys of marine grade birch plywood,the average Im sure Ive read is approz. 15 plysI own a Nomad 100 1x12...by christ it is the heaviest amp Ive ever carried that the reason Ive sold her and bought a dual rec and 1x12" cab(with added support from a 2x12" recto cab when I feel badass).

If your worried about the waight I dont think its a mesa your wanting,they all weigh an absolute ton.I dont Imagine the 100 is any lighter than the 45 Im sure they are in the same cabinet.I have a friend who's doctor actually told him to sell his roadking as he had seroius back problems and they started when he was carrying around his RK he now uses a thd univalve and his problem has gone

I use the head and cab combination as there definatly is no other alternative for great tone than a mesa but they are really heavy so the split up combo does me well,ohhh Im recording with my band this friday with the Dual,One track has already been recorded with the Nomad If we are keepin those takes I'll post them for a comparison

Euan

Thanks for the input guys. Turns out I wont do a switch for the Nomad, I guessed it would be as heavy + the guy who had it lived too far away from me. Thanks anyway!

Latest posts

Back