Noisy .50 Cal.+ Effects loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldy

Reaction score
I recently bought back my old .50 Caliber + combo. I never used to use effects at all but since have become addicted to a little ambient delay. I put my Boss DD-20 set for line leve in the loop of the amp and when it's on the rhythm channel, it's terribly noisy. Lead channel is good and quiet. Anyone else experience this???? THanks for helping a noob.

I had this same problem with my DC-5 head...I eventually sold it because it was too much amp for my needs. Anyway, I bought an F-30 combo a few years ago, and it has the same type of hiss on the clean channel...Even with no gear running through it! I am planning to replace the stock tubes with some JJ's and clean the sockets...If the hiss is still there, I'll have a tech look it over. IMHO, I'd expect some noise in any tube amp, but it's weird that it's more noticeable in the rhythm channel!

Sorry I'm no t able to help, but I can definitely relate!

It is REALLY strange to me. I bought a new set of pre tubes and hope to get them in this weekend and see if that helps. I've owned the amp twice in the past and don't think the tubes were ever changed. Hopefully this will fix it. The noise sounds similar to what you hear when you put your ear next to a sea shell.

Hey Baldy did you get it sorted out?? I have a very similar problem where my clean is noisy but lead is fine

Latest posts

Back