Noise Gate In My Dual Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

journey651

Reaction score
Can somebody recommend wether or not its a good idea to run a noise gate in the effects loop of my Dual Rectifier? I dont want to lose any tone and I'm running only one pedal, a SD-1 Overdrive.

The OD pedal is not going thru my effects loop.

A noise gate is always a good idea. Especially if you are running a boost in the front end. Not enough people use one in my opinion.

The only gate that I know of (that doesnt cost $600) and does not affect your tone in any audible way is the ISP Decimator. I own and love it. Great product. Highly recommended and worth every penny.

fluff191 said:
A noise gate is always a good idea. Especially if you are running a boost in the front end. Not enough people use one in my opinion.

The only gate that I know of (that doesnt cost $600) and does not affect your tone in any audible way is the ISP Decimator. I own and love it. Great product. Highly recommended and worth every penny.

I second and third that...

The rocktron Hush IICX unit is also a killer unit that can be had cheap on ebay all the time. I got mine shipped for $60. It not only helps the noise, but the rocktron units also seem to tighten up the amp a bit with their filter circuit. To me they actually ADD tone to my rig. I just can't wait till my amp is out of warranty so I can series mod my loop so it will actually do it's job 100%......3 1/2 years to go lol.

I use the Rocktron Hush as well. Its the last thing in my chain before the DR input. Friggin amazing tone.

Sooooo many people talk bad about the boss noise suppressor... and have no complaints about mine.

I have had it on my board for close to fifteen years and have never had a problem with it. It actually boosts my signal in some weird way, meaning it is noticeably louder and more full when it is engaged.

Not to mention it is a boss power block as well, which helps me out tremendously.

I use the boss noise suppressor first in my pedal chain with my tubescreamer running through it's loop. I also use the Rocktron in the loop of my head to kill any preamp noise. I find the two of them work best together.

ISP Decimator, does an excellent job and doesn't touch your tone.

I run the Boss NS-2 Gate as well, and if you have it set up right, it doesnt hurt your tone until the battery starts to die.

But, I run mine in front of the amp. Guitar -> Gate - > Mark IV.

would I be better off running it in the loop? I dont use any effects.

i use a isp decimator. i tried in both in the loop and in the pedal chain and i just left it in the pedal chain because my dual rec even on modern with the gain cranked isnt noisy at all,its all from my route 66 pedal and the P90's in my guitar. but this decimator doesnt touch your tone at all and works brilliantly.

Triple Cheeseburger,

Your loop is where your pedal chain goes. Do you perhaps mean in front of the amp's preamp instead?

Latest posts

Back