No effects loop!! Need some help/guidance

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesagib

Reaction score
Hi, there...
I just plugged in my 2000ish dual rectifier (2 channel) and discovered that my loop is out. I tried the amp without the loop engaged and the amplifier sounded fine. I checked out the tubes and they looked fine as well, V4 which runs the loop was as bright as all the others. Has anyone ever had this problem? or have a way to remedy this? :cry:

Boogiebabies,
Thanks for your help. I replaced the "bad tube" today and it made no difference. I have looked at the pots on the back, and everything seems normal. Anyone else have this problem? And if you did any idea what it would cost to get fixed?
Thanks.

You don't want that loop taking away from that glorious tone anyways!

OK, I'm out!

Sorry for the bad advise! :oops:

dumb question, but had to ask...

is the loop circuit complete? i.e. do you have a cable connecting the send to the return? or if you have pedals in the loop, are all of them correctly powered?

Yep, the loop is complete, I've had it hooked up the same way for 6 or so years. The only thing I found different when I was messing around with it was the mix level pot. I turned it down a little and the amp got a bit louder, (I usuall have it maxed out) but still no fx. I've switched out cables, changed effects, ect...
One thing that has crossed my mind is that I had an unfortunate accident with it a few years ago. I accidently left it plugged in and it got zapped with a power surge. I smelled something burning (the smell of burning electronics), but the amp still worked. However, when I began bypassing the loop it would pop when I turned it off. Well, since I've tried everything that people have suggest so far, it looks like the loop my be needing a repair.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Back