NGD! Electra Dyne & 2x12 Recto Cab I got over the weekend!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YellowJacket said:
It's a ridiculously good amp. So much mojo!!

Do you have a Gibson Les Paul? The Electra Dyne LOVES these guitars and Fender Teles as well.
As a matter of fact, my main guitar is a Les Paul Classic Custom from 2007. It sounds RIDICULOUSLY GOOD with this amp.

As for gain boost, I will definitely be doing a shootout with the OCD and a Tube Screamer (probably a Maxon OD808). I am leaning toward the OCD because from what I've heard, it sounds amazing no matter what you put it through.

For clean boosts, the Xotic EP Booster, RC Booster and the TC Electronic Spark will be duking it out.

I am so stoked to be putting together this new rig!

Slysendice and other folks that have the Electra Dyne head & cab, how's the clean channel hold up through the closed back 2 x 12 Recto Cab with V30's? I have the 1x12 combo, and though the cleans and everything sounds heavenly, it's an 85 lb heavy beast to move around. I'm considering trading my combo for an Electra Dyne head/cab or just buying one outright. I just love the amp so much. With single coils it's perfect. With my PRS Custom 22, the bridge pickup is fire, but the neck pickup gets woofy/muddy. I'm on a quest to replace the Dragon II's with something lower output and with less bass and more highs.
And by the way, someone local (Memphis TN) has a mint Electra Dyne 1x12 combo posted on Craigslist for $800!

My Dyne sounds great through every cab I use. Right now I have it through a horizontal recto 2x12. Massive.

I have a head shell in great shape lying around. I'd send it to you for $100 PP/shipped. Your silk screen will be upside down, though.

I'm glad to hear that the Electra Dyne sounds good through closed-backed V30 cab.
Thanks for the offer on the headshell, but I'm afraid it would bother me about the silkscreen being upside-down. I think I'll build me one some day and see how it goes. I'll make it tubes-down like the combo.

Latest posts

Back