Newbie with his first mesa...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reprove

Reaction score
Hello to all.
I'm really excited to be owning a Mesa and being apart of this forum. Its seems like its a great place to gain some much needed knowledge.I know this going to be the first in a long line of many Mesa's in my house. My first Mesa is a mint DC-5. Absolutly perfect. I really love both channels and the EQ on this thing is great. I do have a question for everyone about this amp. Basically, is there anything i shoud be watching out for? Any common problems that occur with these amps? I just jumped ship from my Peavey 5150 and Ultra Plus 120 days and am looking forward to great tone and reliability, but if there are any concerns with the DC-5, feel free to let me know. Thanks again.
Matt

Keep spare tubes and fuses on hand and don't hang around here too often or someone may put bad thoughts into your head. Then you will have the heebie jeebies and your amp will never be the same. :D

You have a great amp.

"Basically, is there anything i shoud be watching out for?"YES ONE DAY 50 WATTS Wont be enough, THEN YOU'LL WANT DC 10!! :D :D :D :D :D

mrmax said:
"Basically, is there anything i shoud be watching out for?"YES ONE DAY 50 WATTS Wont be enough, THEN YOU'LL WANT DC 10!! :D :D :D :D :D
Noted!!! Ya never know....if a DC-10 comes up for grabs i just might snag it. I've come from 100 and 120 watt land and i've always liked lower powered stuff anyways, right now i'm using a Matchless Clubman 35 ('92-'93 era) and it roars, along with the DC-5. Talk about a dynamic duo. Run the Match for cleans and then the DC for my light gain and my heavy gain, and its fantastic. LOUD!!! Anyway, thanks for the comments. I really appreciate it. thanks

Latest posts

Back