newbie knob settings and general suggestions for improvement

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my old amp stayed at the same settings all the time
it was a line6 ax212 and i had to fully crank the gain to 99, channel volume 99, clean channel b channel volume 25, this would produce equal volume levels

now i have a triple rectifier 3 channel and I have so many knobs

I don't know how to dial it in right and I likely will have a knob twisted when my head is turned time to time... theres like 40 knobs... I like deicide, pantera, goatwhore, acidbath for heavier stuff, cleaner stuff I like clutch, red hot chili peppers, dax riggs, full acoustic sounds

I'm wanting to put a sampler in my effects loop

do you have any suggestions to get started? I noticed channel 3 is a little heavier and louder than 2, and since its just guitar 1 and a drummer right now I need to have as full a sound as possible.

also I couldn't hear the vocals, any suggestions on how to cut the vocals through without getting feedback? Im using an old peavey 600 bh and 2 fifteens with no speaker stands... also the mic was shocking my lip and those mic slips just shock me through the cover...

If I could figure out how to dial in the mesa, cut the vocals through the guitar, get my mic to stop shocking me, I would be in it to win it. Can you all make some suggestions?

thanks for replying not everyone at once... I'd prefer sarcastic smartassedness to total lack of reply... Someone who knows could you please take a minute to answer my thread?

Try frequency notching to hear the vocals...
Pick which hz you want to hear for vox and pull those same
hz back in the recto with an eq in the loop or try diff spks for
the triple to pull away from the v30 presence which Could fight
with the vox hz's ie h30s or EVs or classic lead 80s

thr rectos are very versatile with hz and you should be able
to match with vox as the recto is all over the radio

Back