new tune: 'may day' (c+ w/ jazzmaster)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
Hey all.. just finished a tune I've been working on for a few weeks.. drums are programmed, 5 string bass is played live as well as my 62 jazzmaster into my Mark IIC+ for the guitar tones. I had to take a few breaks to let my fingers heal from the slap bass parts :oops:

http://platypus.memoryfire.com/mayday.mp3

kind of a departure from my normal style but I decided to change it up a bit and do a bass driven song and kind of jam along to it with guitar instead of the usual guitar dictates the bass sort of song.

let me know what you guys think of the tones :)

67 views and 0 comments? :shock: :roll:

surely there's an opinion out there somewhere.

glguitarman said:
Just listened on myspace...sounds nice. So when you gig, do you play alone? I am not sure I understand...

No I play with a band, this is just my personal music that I create on my own.

thanks

Plat, it reminds me a bit of Primus. I really like the sound/tone when you do those short "chugs"... awesome. Blue line was a nice tune as well. That C+ sound good!

Thanks for sharing :D

MetalMatt said:
Plat, it reminds me a bit of Primus. I really like the sound/tone when you do those short "chugs"... awesome. Blue line was a nice tune as well. That C+ sound good!

Thanks for sharing :D

Thanks, thats sort of what I was going for with the bass line. It started out as a funky/oddball tune that I improv'ed the guitar on top of.. when I started added guitar it became a weird funk/metal fusion thing :p

Most enjoyable . There are like two killer tunes in there man .

Got FLAC ? 8)

Buddy said:
Most enjoyable . There are like two killer tunes in there man .

Got FLAC ? 8)

Thanks Buddy 8)

Yeah I do have a lossless for it, I'll try to remember to upload it for you :idea:

Latest posts

Back