new tune: 'blue line' C+ w/ Jazzmaster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
Chime city!

Wish I could capture the chime accurately, this is a pretty good rep though.

http://platypus.memoryfire.com/blue.mp3

still in the works, let me know what you think!

Very chimey indeed! I like it alot. The tempo is cool and the chord progression is catchy. I thought about recording some with my new RoV tonight... 8)

MusicManJP6 said:
Very chimey indeed! I like it alot. The tempo is cool and the chord progression is catchy. I thought about recording some with my new RoV tonight... 8)

You should, I really liked your roadster clips

How do you like the Rectoverb? That's the one 'recto' I've never played.

I like the tone a lot.

If you're interested in any arrangement suggestions-- I like all the parts as riffs, but the main riff there where you do the B-C lick on the A string over the III (Bmin) is really going to limit the possibilities for the vocal melody if you do it on every repetition of that riff; I assume that's eventually going to be the chorus, and you want to leave a fair bit of room for possibilities with the vocal.

One idea for a variation on that for a pre-chorus/pre-solo would be to replace the III with the VII, F#minb5, but do the B-C lick over it... it would have a nice "heavy" resolution down to the Emin.

Also, as much as I would like to hear that C+ cut loose, if you are ever putting this together you should head down to the local music college and find a cellist to play the solo. It would sound very, very cool with the tones you have happening here, almost a bit of a gothic thing. And chicks love that :twisted:

CoG said:
I like the tone a lot.

If you're interested in any arrangement suggestions-- I like all the parts as riffs, but the main riff there where you do the B-C lick on the A string over the III (Bmin) is really going to limit the possibilities for the vocal melody if you do it on every repetition of that riff; I assume that's eventually going to be the chorus, and you want to leave a fair bit of room for possibilities with the vocal.

One idea for a variation on that for a pre-chorus/pre-solo would be to replace the III with the VII, F#minb5, but do the B-C lick over it... it would have a nice "heavy" resolution down to the Emin.

Also, as much as I would like to hear that C+ cut loose, if you are ever putting this together you should head down to the local music college and find a cellist to play the solo. It would sound very, very cool with the tones you have happening here, almost a bit of a gothic thing. And chicks love that :twisted:

Wow thanks for the comments, very much what I was looking for. To be honest I can read/understand music for the piano perfectly but guitar was always my 'freedom' instrument where I just kind of played what I thought sounded good. I'll give your advice some heavy thought. Thanks again.

Back