New Tubes in my Stiletto...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love my Stiletto except for one problem, I can't get enough gain. I had an EMG 81 in my Les Paul Custom, but just put in a Duncan JB just because I wanted to hear the guitar itself more. Even with my EMG, I can't get enough, even with gain at 11. I can't rip off pinches at all. I've seen you guys talk about the mod, but what are some tubes that can give me a little more power/gain? Or any mods I can do myself? Soldering is no problem for me.

Checkout www.eurotubes.com. I ordered a set of tubes for my F-30 based on Bob's recommendations. I sent an e-mail and he responded the same day with a retube package to match my amp and to give me the tone I was looking for.

I found him to be very helpful and was generous with his knowledge too.

Bob at eurotubes offer e34l's that he supposidly claims an increase in 10% to gain.

When I used the Stiletto, I was using the "Tite Gain" channel with the gain on an "8" and there was plenty of gain for metal which I play. There was still a few notches available there, plus the "Fluid Gain" which has even more gain available. How much more gain do you want/need, and what are you using it for? Also, I assume you're playing this amp at high volumes?

Latest posts

Back