New tubes in my Stiletto Trident.....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

songrider

Reaction score
Well I just put a sextet of JJ E34L's from eurotubes and 3 new EH5U4GB's and currently have all GT12AX7's up front and the amp sounds FANTASTIC!!!

I have the clean in the fat clean mode now and its real full and thick but not boomy anymore at all.

And I can now use the fluid drive without the overkill bottom. Real thick tight lows. Still a little to thick in the 50 watt mode (useable) but on the 150 its full and balanced.

I love this amp..... I came REAL close to getting the Carvin V3 and I am glad I didnt.... Between this and my Dual Rectifier I am in complete Boogie heaven!!!

I LOVE those tubes, I'll use them forever.

For grins, stick them in your dual, you'll be very surprised.

i put a couple of tung sols in v1 and v2 and a white label mesa in v3 on my stiletto deuce, its bad ***, no one can ever tell me this amp isnt heasvy enough, i got a series 1 btw, i think mesas biggest mistake is using so so tubes!

diamondschwin said:
i put a couple of tung sols in v1 and v2 and a white label mesa in v3 on my stiletto deuce, its bad ***, no one can ever tell me this amp isnt heasvy enough, i got a series 1 btw, i think mesas biggest mistake is using so so tubes!

I hear you.... Mine is plenty heavy as well, and it is also a series 1..... I have no intrest in the series 2 at all.... I wanted the series 1 because it WASNT a D.R.. I have the D.R. for those sounds.

I plan on putting another tung-sol in mine as well. Just trying a few things right now.

I cant believe I wasted so much of my life BEFORE getting a Boogie!!! :D

Latest posts

Back