New tubes in my LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar55

Reaction score
After speaking with Bob at Eurotubes, I got my new set in the mail on Friday. My friend and I did some tests first. He measured the current on the stock tubes, then on the new ones. Even though it was a matched quad 2 of the tubes were drawing around 20ma and two were drawing 23ma (if I remember correctly). We decided to make sur ethey were paired up that way in the amp.

We listened to the amp with the old tubes and compared it to a blackface Twin Reverb with Kendrick speakers. Then we put the new tubes in and listened and compared again.

The results were that the JJ's from Eurotubes gave the amp a lot more "oomph" and the LSC sounded way sweeter than the Twin. The only negative was that with one 12", the LSC was a bit less full-sounding. When we plugged it into the Kendricks - WOW!

Tomorrow night is my first gig with the new tubes. Can't wait to crank it!

I put the Ruby's (Mesa 440's) in my 2x12 LSC and have been happier with the sound. Not a whole lot different than the stock Mesa 430's, but more "alive" and slightly more harmonics. Your opinion of the JJ's has me thinking about a set of them too. Some reviewers go wild over new JJ's at other sites.

Is the difference that distinguishable?

Guit 55, Our tubes must have been sent out the same day. I got mine on Fri. last week. I'm in the same opinion as you are, I think the LSC sounds like my SFTR wishes it sounded like. I did the same package as you, 6l6's, hand picked V5, and re-tubed the 1,2,3 and 4., with the ECC's. I'm playing out doors tomorrow nite. Can't wait to let her rip!!

\m/ Rock On

Back