New to the Forum New Fillmore 50 On the Way

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTB

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. I have been playing through an Electra Dyne combo for several years. It sounds great and has become difficult for me to carry. I just ordered a Fillmore 50 combo. No music stores near me stock Mesa Boogie, so no fly before buy. Hope it works for me. Looks like a lot of info here on the Boogie Board. I will let you know my experience and probably will have questions when I take delivery. Thanks!
John

Last edited:
You'll find the Fillmore to be less powerful than the E-Dyne, but sweeter, and more versatile. Most of us who have one linger on the clean channel,
as it is very rich and full sounding. Some keep the left channel clean, then for the right channel, stay in the clean mode, but up the gain. The Fillmore is hard to beat for clean and low to mid gain tones.
I changed out the speaker in mine, as anything to save weight is desirable. I put in an Emi Tonkerlite neo and saved about 6 lbs.
Enjoy and report back!

You'll find the Fillmore to be less powerful than the E-Dyne, but sweeter, and more versatile. Most of us who have one linger on the clean channel,
as it is very rich and full sounding. Some keep the left channel clean, then for the right channel, stay in the clean mode, but up the gain. The Fillmore is hard to beat for clean and low to mid gain tones.
I changed out the speaker in mine, as anything to save weight is desirable. I put in an Emi Tonkerlite neo and saved about 6 lbs.
Enjoy and report back!
Thanks!
I'm ok with less power. The ED is often too loud where I play. I'm confident about Fillmore clean tones. I hope the Fillmore gain settings can produce what I'm looking for. The demos and reviews online vary greatly. Many of the demos I've listened to seem too bright to me. I will report my experiences!

Thanks!
I'm ok with less power. The ED is often too loud where I play. I'm confident about Fillmore clean tones. I hope the Fillmore gain settings can produce what I'm looking for. The demos and reviews online vary greatly. Many of the demos I've listened to seem too bright to me. I will report my experiences!
Congratulations! I play a Fillmore 50 head/1x12 and love it. Clean left low gain right, works great for the band I play in. I still have my early 90’s hot rod deville set up in the garage that I practice on from time to time. I think the cleans on that amp are very good but definitely prefer the Fillmore cleans. Less stuffy for lack of better description. Enjoy

Latest posts

Back