New To The Board

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trendkill1168

Reaction score
Came over to this board from the MTS forum. Man I have gone through alot of heads over the last couple of years trying to find the tone that I was looking for in my head. I have mostly played Randall solid state amps including the old RG's, Century's, Warheads, etc. Most recently I bought Randalls RM100 modular tube head. I got alot of great tones out of this amp but it just never seemed to have the gain that I was looking for on the high gain modules. It got real close but not quite there.

So I decide to bite the bullet after hearing a friends Mesa and sell all of my gear on eBAY and just bought a Mesa Dual Rectifier Tremoverb head. OH MY GOD!! I can't believe that I never paid much attention to these amps. This thing is a monster. I dialed in a good tone in about 15 minutes of messing around with it on the red channel and the clean is not bad either. First of all let me say that I am a big Randall fan but the MTS Recto module gets nowhere near the brutality of this head and does not sound like it at all. I'm just sorry that I didn't figure this out sooner cuz it would have saved me alot of money in trial an error. Anyway, just wanted to introduce my self and say that I am hooked on Mesa.

I think your story could be told over and over again from different mouths!! --anyway--welcome to Mesa and the forum! Although, I will say that with all of the knobs and tinkerabliity on these amps I will say that you will constantly be tweeking them.....because you can! So I wouldnt say that in 15 minutes you could possibly be there! :wink:

Micah said:
I think your story could be told over and over again from different mouths!! --anyway--welcome to Mesa and the forum! Although, I will say that with all of the knobs and tinkerabliity on these amps I will say that you will constantly be tweeking them.....because you can! So I wouldnt say that in 15 minutes you could possibly be there! :wink:

Thanks for the welcome. Oh and definately, it can be dialed in but I'm just saying that I found a good tone with it quicker than any amp. I can't imagine what it's gonna sound like when I spend a few months with it.

Welcome, lots of knowledgeable people here and lots of good threads in the search archives.

Don't forget to post some clips 8)

Platypus said:
Welcome, lots of knowledgeable people here and lots of good threads in the search archives.

Don't forget to post some clips 8)

That is actually the next thing I'm working on is getting an updated computer so I can get geared up to record. But definately, I would love to post some.

Back