New To Mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fragzilla

Reaction score
Hey all!

Iv'e been on this forum a number of times reading and reading and reading.... i think yhou get the point:)

Gotta love forums like this

I purchased a Roadster 2 12 combo a couple of weeks ago and I am realy liking it so far. I have never owned a amp of this calibre or quality in 25yrs of playin.

I have not found the "tone" i am looking for out of this amp yet. I play a Gibson LP Studio direct in.

How about some generic settings for each channel that might help me get started. I play a wide range of music...tom petty to pantera

Later,

Jeff

Fragzilla said:
Hey all!

Iv'e been on this forum a number of times reading and reading and reading.... i think yhou get the point:)

I purchased a Roadster 2 12 combo a couple of weeks ago and I am realy liking it so far. I have never owned a amp of this calibre or quality in 25yrs of playin.

I have not found the "tone" i am looking for out of this amp yet. I play a Gibson LP Studio direct in.

How about some generic settings for each channel that might help me get started. I play a wide range of music...tom petty to pantera

Later,

Jeff

Jeff,

Try by setting your master and gain to taste first with all of you tone controls (treble,presence, mid & bass) on zero . while plucking an open low E string, first add treble to taste, then presence, mid and finally bass .

Barry said:
Fragzilla said:
Hey all!

Later,

Jeff

Jeff,

Try by setting your master and gain to taste first with all of you tone controls (treble,presence, mid & bass) on zero . while plucking an open low E string, first add treble to taste, then presence, mid and finally bass .

Hey Barry,

You gave this little tidbit of info to someone else hear I know I read it somewhere before and it does work. That's how I dialed in my Stiletto and it got me right in the ballpark.

Thanks,

Dave~

dmotisko said:
Barry said:
Fragzilla said:
Hey all!

Later,

Jeff

Jeff,

Hey Barry,

You gave this little tidbit of info to someone else hear I know I read it somewhere before and it does work. That's how I dialed in my Stiletto and it got me right in the ballpark.

Thanks,

Dave~

Glad it helps . I cant take all the credit . Ive been been a Mesa user a very long time and know some of the guys who work there and they put me on this little dial up formula a long time back . It does work . You can fine tune it as you go as just a slight tweak on any of the tone controls gets you some new territory

Latest posts

Back