New Thiele cab.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony777

Reaction score
I just got myself a Thiele cab. Bought it used on ebay, but the seller said it had maybe up to one hour playing time, and it even smells new :D
I've been curious about them for a long time, though I've been very happy with my Recto oversize 4x12, so I didn't get one until now.
Since it's new it came with the C90 speaker which to my taste is a bit hard on the upper mids, but the bottom end was supringsly tight, but not super great either. On the other hand I have my original Mark IV comboshell with the EVM 12L speaker, now housing a Mark III, which I've never been too comfortable with either, so today I had to swap to check out. This is just my nature. I HAVE TO KNOW HOW IT SOUNDS. :lol:

And the result was incredible. Now both speakers are in the cabs they belong. The C90 sounds great in an open cab, no hard upper mids, and the EVM sounds awesome in the Thiele cab. Even together they are brilliant.

The Thiele sounds very close to a 4x12, and weigh almost a third of the oversize Recto and is small as well.
Well it has been a great day.

THE FAMILY:
Mesafaminklthiele_zpsd015c98a.jpg
[

I love my thiele cab, it makes a huge difference. My combo has the EVM 12L speaker, so does my thiele. I've recently disconnected the speaker in the combo and only run the thiele. When the speaker is in the combo is sounds too thin, no depth and way too much highs. I'm thinking about building another thiele and converting the combo to a head.

Back