New Roadster has no Power wut's the problem?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I had my Roadster at my Drummers house a few days ago (had it for about a week) and the other guitar player in the band was playing it and he said it just died all of a sudden. I checked it and I noticed that the fuse was good but one of the tubes was dead (5u4GB). Now the amp won't turn on at all could the busted/dead tube do this?

If the fuse is okay, then he might've blown something inside. If you switch to silicon diode it isn't even using the Rectifier tube. Have you tried that yet?

how do you know the fuse was good? i would just get a spare pop it in and see if that might be it with the silicone diodes in use..... if that doesnt do it tell your bandmate he owes you a new roadster or contact mesa and get to a repair shop

Fuses do not always break the link in the middle. Sometimes they will melt the solder at the caps, where you can't see it. The only way to determine if a fuse is truely blown is by checking it with a multi-meter.

Try popping a new fuse in, and see if that helps. If one of your rectifier tubes was bad, most likely it took the fuse out with it.

Back