New RK-II Head***uh-oh

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnster

Reaction score
I ordered this head many months back and now it is here. Here is my problem...I dont want it now and the shop I ordered it from doesn't want to hold the inventory (special order item) It is still in the box and I dont want to open it because I may LOVE it and I dont want to "afford" it right now. It is green and tan (like the Stiletto Ace). Would it be fair to offer it for sale at the list price and I would just eat the taxes?? I really love my Stiletto Ace...it does all I need.

Thoughts? Help?

Ace does rule.. if I got another recto it'd have that same color scheme.. love it on my Ace.

That said, sell the RK and get a mark IV :D

Platypus said:
Ace does rule.. if I got another recto it'd have that same color scheme.. love it on my Ace.

That said, sell the RK and get a mark IV :D

My SR is getting recovered in that combo next week to match my new cab :D

Alright then...I will at least take it out of the box and take pics of the rig. I will post when I get a chance!

Well....I took it out of the box and she sure is purty. Take a look:
RK%20II.jpg

I love that color combination. Very nice! It'd sure be hard not to plug a guitar into that!!! You'd better keep it now!! 8)

What is the finish on that Custom? Triburst something? I remember seeing the cherry sunburst triburst and thought it was different but that finish is nice. Maybe tobacco sunburst triburst? Nice top too...

Russ said:
What is the finish on that Custom? Triburst something? I remember seeing the cherry sunburst triburst and thought it was different but that finish is nice. Maybe tobacco sunburst triburst? Nice top too...

Not sure Russ. It is a 97' and she plays great! The back has a nice grain in the mahogony and the neck is burst with black near the joint and towards the headstock. I bought it used a while back. Thanks for the compliment.

i have a Gibson Les Paul Custom in Wine Red or a Custom Shop Gibson SG VOS Standard in Classic white that I'd be willing to trade you...

might as well make sure it sounds good too. spend a few hours with it, find some good settings so u can give the buyer some cool advice. heck, maybe even record some sound samples too. maybe even gig with it! make sure its gig worthy so u can tell the buyer that 8)

I can't believe the shop would'nt take it back? My local Mesa dealer always keeps a custom order on hand to marvel at, if not just to stoke the senses! 8)

jbird said:
I can't believe the shop would'nt take it back? My local Mesa dealer always keeps a custom order on hand to marvel at, if not just to stoke the senses! 8)

They would but it would put them in a bit of a pinch. They already have 2 RKII's in stock and I would feel like an *** after I special ordered it. Sometimes I feel responsible for my spontaneous blunders....sometimes :D

It sounds F***ing awesome. I should have never plugged it in. That clean channel is very jangly and lively. It cant exactly replicate the crunchy Stiletto sound but it more than makes up for it in flexibility and the reverb is something I thought I didn't miss until I heard it :shock: And all those cool progressive link colored lights..oooooo...ahhhhhh.

I do still love the simplicity of the Ace...leave all knobs around 12 o'clock and it sounds sweet as honey.

BTW, for all those asking. Sorry, the Les Paul isnt for sale...it is too good of a work horse/player...plays like butter.

Uh oh! Now you've played it! :shock: No longer "minty new", "fresh", "never opened", "still in box", "brand new"! Let the bidding begin! :lol:

Back