New Rig in the works

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stash49

Reaction score
It would be nice to have one amp that "does it all"- my band does a wide range of music, and as much as I love the tones from the heartbraker, the amp resits any kinf modern crunch-it dosent like to do it. I decided to try a dual rec and 2x12 with my HB 2x12 combo for cleans and old sounds. I was wondering from you gigging musicians among us if the roadking or roadster really does all the sounds good. I love the HB and can't see parting with it, unless I can get those sounds from one of the new amps as well as the modern crunch I can't live without any more[/b]

I'd heartily recommend auditioning the Stiletto Ace - I've got more sounds out of it than any other amp I've owned - from the 60s through to modern day stuff. It would be my "desert Island amp" (despite the lack of electricity...)

Thanks, man. I checked out some sound clips of it-I was concerned because I need a lot of tones from classic to modern. I was thinkink RK but I've been lusting after the Ace eversince it came out. 2x12 or 1x12?
They go for about 1500, right?

I can't believe you can't get what you want out of a RK (or Roadster for that matter). The Ace is a great amp, I would love to have one, since I have the Roadster, for the "other tube" sound. Right now, I'm having my honeymoon with the Roadster and I play old classic rock, how's that for versatile? If money's no problem, get one of the Roadies.
BTW-I'm not a regular gigger, got a day job.

I gig 3-4 shows a week-southern rock and country in one band, smooth jazz in another, and classic to modern rock in the third, and I really need one amp and one guitar to do it all-an it seems like virtually all the real players around here have moved into Roadster territory, with RKII being a close second. You all have been down the road on I'm on and really respect this forum. I had a 50cal, a barrowed lonestar classic, and a HB which I love, except for the fact that I need to deliver the recto sound about %20 of the the time in the new band-and I can't. Live and learn-so I got to be humle and just say if you want the best you got to pay for it-the Roadster seems to be the boss-I hope GC has one in stock-I want to play it new years eve.

Not to lead you in a completely different direction here but possibly a triaxis would do your situation justice? The models with the Rectifier type circuit boards would probably fill in any gaps for the heavier stuff along with great cleans and smooth leads(MK I-IV). You can keep your existing amp by plugging the Triaxis into the effects return portion of your effects loop. I know this is far from where you started but i thought i'd throw that at you since it would be great have presets for each band/setting and it would not over complicate your existing setup.

Good luck.

Thanks-I went for a Roadster. Side by side it a lot more versitile then the ace-not because the ace does not sound killer, but rather because those 4 channel can be directed with the foot switch-a great plus for getting in and out of sounds with out fiddle faddleling around with knobs and switches in between (or during, god forbid!) songs. It's a lot of dough-but I can't imagine really needing more from an amp. I'll keep the HB-it's way cool, but...the Roadster is better. Now to figure out what cab to use.

Latest posts

Back