• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Rectoverb 50 combo help...plz..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveda

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just joined today and I just bought my first tube amp last Saturday (9/9/06). The problem I am having is there seems to be an absence of low end thump. The guitarist I am playing with also has a rectoverb and his sounds incredible. I played my guitar through his and have a ton of low end. Is this thing having tube issues already? Should I go back to Guitar Center and have them replace the tubes or should I buy different ones all together.

I was also thining of returning the combo and getting a used MK IV with the oversized 212 cabinet for the same price. That thing does sound sweet. Any opinions or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Steve.

If the mark IV with cab is the same price, and the cab is Mesa, get that before someone else does.

The cab is an oversized Mesa 212 cab. I will play them both again today right after work and grab the MK IV. I am sure that I will be back on this forum with other questions. Thanks again for the reply.

Steve.

Back