New owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member.Just got a dual rectifier 2xcombo. It's my first Mesa after years of playing, seems great still trying to figure it out. I'm old school fender/Marshalls(Plug and play) Any advice on navigating it's cool features. Also looking for a cover if anyone has one I'll pay shipping. :D

Cool! Congrats... is it a Trem-O-Verb or a Roadster? Having had them both, if you get discouraged by not getting a great tone out of the box, turn the bass to 50%, gain to 50%, mids to 25% and add an overdrive pedal for just a touch of "hair". That should get you going in the right direction... oh and silicon diodes for the crunch channels.

Thanks for the "Feedback" no pun intended. It's a Reto-verb. I only wish it was 20lbs lighter. I'm trying now to find that sweet spot which would give me that classic gain growl at lower settings, any advice on that? How do you find out what year it was made, is it on the amp somewhere. Thanks again you guys are great. This site is just like the Birds and Moons of PRS guitars. One of my favorites.

Thanks for the "Feedback" no pun intended. It's a Reto-verb. I only wish it was 20lbs lighter. I'm trying now to find that sweet spot which would give me that classic gain growl at lower settings, any advice on that? How do you find out what year it was made, is it on the amp somewhere. Thanks again you guys are great. This site is just like the Birds and Moons of PRS guitars. One of my favorites.

Best advice I received here:

EQ with your ears, not your eyes!

(O'clock)
You know the Gain 5, Bass 5, Mid 9, Treble 12 - you used for your Marshall? Forget it!

Rectoverb combo's a kickass, nicely portable and HUGE sounding amp--congrats!

If you wish that amp was 20 lbs lighter, try lifting a Tremoverb combo and be grateful :D

congrats.

I agree with the suggestion to find your tone with your ears, not the eyes, and don't hesitate to make small tweaks, as the controls are very sensative.

Just wondering again about how to find out how old the Amp is.

And my main guitars are a 2006 PRS McCarty(which I think was made for the amp), and a 2000 62' reissue strat.

Latest posts

Back