New Mesa owner Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
APEMAN said:
The amps brightness, especially in CH3 can be easily changed by playing with the 'Master' and 'Send Level'. =>

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=72536

Apart from that, changing the preamp tubes from stock Mesa to EHX made all the difference it needed.

Yes, yes, and yes. That knob seems to either add or subtract bottom end. I run it about 1:00 and find that it makes everything "just right" if I can go a little louder on the volume I'll push that knob higher but when I'm playing quietly at home 1:00 is perfect.

I personally feel you will not find a better quality amplifier than a Mesa. I would spend some time with the amp and learn the tricks with it before jumping on to something else. There is a reason why I still have mine and have considered getting another one from time to time like I did with the RA100 as I have two of those. I may even make some rude comments about the Mark V, I am not trying to offend anyone so I will remain positive. For what it is, the Mark V is a good amp. How you use it is what makes one different from another. The Mark V was my third Mesa amp I ever bought. Since I bought the Mark III, nothing else would suffice until the Mark IV came out.. I wish for some reason or another that I had kept the III and IV but instead I have Roadster and Royal Atlantic, Mark V and JP-2C. Have it all covered. I think my main issue with the V is the overall brightness but there are ways around that as you had found...

Good to hear you are making progress with the Mark V.... 8) I like the ported cab you picked up too.

Latest posts

Back