New Mesa Boogie Mark IV Clip: Lead & Rhythm Clip!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
I wanted to post a very rough clip of the Mark IV. Again, I learned it as I went along so it isn't quite note for note and left the mistakes in there too. I liked the rhythm tone I got. I may have scooped a tad too much in the mid frequencies as well.

I will say that the Mark IV records extremely well (as far as achieving the tone you hear in the room).

Either way, I thought I would share in the early!

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/55-ITPOE%20pt1.wav.mp3

Great playing! I liked that. 8) BTW is there James Labrie singing on the record? :D You give me gas for a mark IV!

Wow!Fantastic sound, especially for the solo! What's your settings for solo and rhythm guitars? What cabinet, what mic and what position for it did you use? Thanks in advance for the answer!

very nice! post settings and effects please :D super smooth lead tone.

soundpurist said:
Great playing! I liked that. 8) BTW is there James Labrie singing on the record? :D You give me gas for a mark IV!

It is a great amp!

DS-1 said:
Wow!Fantastic sound, especially for the solo! What's your settings for solo and rhythm guitars? What cabinet, what mic and what position for it did you use? Thanks in advance for the answer!

Here are my settings (Lead Channel):

Lead Gain- 7 pulled
Treble- 6.5
Bass- 2
Mid- 3
Lead Drive- 7.5 pulled
Presence- 3
Master- 3
Output Level- 3
Graphic EQ:
80hz- 1/4 inch above the middle line
240hz- sitting just above the middle line
720hz- 1/4 inch below the middle line
2200hz- sitting just above the middle line
6600hz- sitting just above the middle line

My Rocktron Xpression supplied the delay for the lead and a Dunlop Crybaby. I mixed a Shure 57 and Sennheiser e609 over my Bogner Oversized 2x12 into an M-Audio Mobile PRE USB and recorded with N-Track 5 Studio. No post EQ whatsoever. Recorded it with my EBMM Petrucci with original stock pickups.

That was simply amazing ....

I think thats one of the Best MarkIV lead clips I've heard on here.

Just astounding.... "Applauds"

Dreads said:
Man,

I enjoyed that! Very soothing. Very nice sound... :D

eltrain858 said:
real smooth man

Maldeve said:
That was simply amazing ....

I think thats one of the Best MarkIV lead clips I've heard on here.

Just astounding.... "Applauds"

Guitar Adjuster said:
Excellent--great playing too!!!

Thanks guys! I will have some time in a week or two. If there is any specific clip you would like to hear the Mark IV do let me know. I will see what I can do.

gibson5413 said:
DS-1 said:

Here are my settings (Lead Channel):

Lead Gain- 7 pulled
Treble- 6.5
Bass- 2
Mid- 3
Lead Drive- 7.5 pulled
Presence- 3
Master- 3
Output Level- 3
Graphic EQ:
80hz- 1/4 inch above the middle line
240hz- sitting just above the middle line
720hz- 1/4 inch below the middle line
2200hz- sitting just above the middle line
6600hz- sitting just above the middle line

My Rocktron Xpression supplied the delay for the lead and a Dunlop Crybaby. I mixed a Shure 57 and Sennheiser e609 over my Bogner Oversized 2x12 into an M-Audio Mobile PRE USB and recorded with N-Track 5 Studio. No post EQ whatsoever. Recorded it with my EBMM Petrucci with original stock pickups.

Would you mind sharing your dipswitch settings of choice (tweed/full, triode/pent., harmonics/mids) ?

BTW you have many other great clips on Soundclick! VHT, Engl SE and Powerball as well :D

pierre-olivier said:
Would you mind sharing your dipswitch settings of choice (tweed/full, triode/pent., harmonics/mids) ?

BTW you have many other great clips on Soundclick! VHT, Engl SE and Powerball as well :D

Full, Pentode and Harmonics. Thanks for listening to my clips. let me know if there is anything else you would like to hear!

Heya gibson could you play and record the intro to Glasgow kiss on your MarkIV for me? Ive been practicing the first part of that song over and over, would love to hear it through the mark IV.

Latest posts

Back