New Member. Just bought a Blue Angel. Question.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Love this rig, it's the 1;12 combo built in 2000. In the owners manual is a several page tube story, which is very interesting, and I understand fully the 6V6/EL84 Simulink process, which is my favorite setting for playing clubs. But there is no preamp tube chart anywhere.

I wrote Mesa and asked for the production date, a preamp tube chart, and a catalog as I'll be needing tubes from time to time.

The letter they sent me said they " Unfortunately don't have a tube chart available for that amp specifically."

SAY WHAT?

I thought it was a pretty simple question. Left to right, looking in the back, I just want to know which preamp tube does what.

They sent me a real nice catalog, and gave me the production date, but it seems odd they could have "lost" all the tube charts for this very highly regarded amp.

So, I wonder. Could they service it if I have a problem? I guess not. They don't have a tube chart.......

I'm picking a little, but on the other hand as a new member of the "Mesa Family" I didn't think that was a very hard question. So I come here for the answer.

Thanks in advance.

Murph.

Oh yea! You can search CD baby, Double Aught (band) and hear the song for free. "Murphy Slaw"

(You could buy it too.)

I'm sure somebody will chime in soon. I just know V1 in a Fender is for gain 1, ect, and the phase inverter needs to be a quality tube, and don't know why this isn't easily found information with the Blue Angel, and why they wouldn't tell me?

The preamp tubes in the Angel have an aluminum channel under them, and the power tubes are in the way, and I just want to know which way the signal runs. Ya know?

Best of luck.

Murph.

Wow. No Blue Angel owners in here? What a loss. It's a tone monster for real tube overdrive.

Best to ya.

Sorry you couldn't find any info.. you might just have to experiment? Have you tried calling Mesa?

Able to record any clips of your Blue Angel? Wouldn't mind owning a head one day.

Latest posts

Back