New member here!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thommysalami50

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I’m a 30yr old guitarist who plays mainly hard rock/metal (go figure). I’m currently in a garage-metal band where I hold down the chunky rhythm and occasional textured leads. I gravitate towards huge and saturated riffs but occasionally do ambient cleans. I grew up listening to grunge/metal/nu-metal from the late 90s and early 2000’s and a lot of my playing reflects that. Of course in those days, you couldn’t turn on a radio without hearing a dual/triple rec on most popular songs. My bucket list amp has always been a dual/triple rec and as I’ve gotten further in my career, I’ve decided it’s time to make it happen.

Browsing the ol marketplace, I’ve come across various triple/dual recs at all price ranges, different revisions, two channel/vs three channels and the like. I’m joining this forum to further educate myself on the rectifier series (single/dual/triple/roadster/roadkings) along with the many variants as I look to make a purchase soon!

Welcome to the forum.

What’s your budget? Looking for new or used?

The new Multi-watt Rectos are great.

You can’t go wrong with a good old original 3-channel, Dual or Triple Recto either. OK cleans and great Recto drive. Just about everything recorded with a Recto in the early 2000’s was a Rev G 3-channel.

If you are really picky about your cleans look into a Roadster or Roadking II, their cleans are on par with the Lonestar, and the Tweed mode in Ch 1 is fantastic for clear and bold clean tones. Great series FX loop. While they are still a Recto by all accounts they are just a tad darker than the standard Dual Recto’s but in a blind test it would be hard to pick out one from the other.

Got any OD pedals? The Recto tends to get muddy and loose with high gain settings, I like to keep my gain around 12:30-1:00 and push the front end with a clean-ish boost to get that articulate sustain, the TS-9 is the old standard, gain down low, level up high, tone to taste. I really like the Mesa Grid Slammer over the TS-9/TS-808, but any of those will do fine.

The only downside to the Rev G is that parallel FX Loop, it does not play well with some pedals, especially noise gates and EQ’s. It can be modded to series.

Enjoy the forum!

Dom

Hello Dom!

My budget is around $1500. I’m looking for used and I see a few options in my area (Pacific Northwest). I’ve got my eyes on this 3 channel triple rectifier (non multi watt) from a seller asking $1400. I’ve been browsing the forums and this looks to be an early version of the 3 channel triple rec, possibly Rev C. See photos of the clues. It’s missing the “loop active” text above the solo/output knobs. In the back, it’s got the TM next to the triple rectifier logo as opposed to the circled R. Also, the text for the FX loop is between the “send” and “assign” knob, as opposed to later being printed inbetween the send/return jacks. Sounds like a great first find?

Someone was nice enough to detail this out in this post: https://boogieforum.com/threads/the-3-channel-dual-triple-rectifier-guide.72482/

As for boosts, I definitely use a TS9, Boss SD-1 and lately, a TC Electronics integrated preamp clone that I built myself from pedalpcb.

Attachments

• IMG_2711.jpeg
    IMG_2711.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2712.jpeg
    IMG_2712.jpeg
    862.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back