New Mark V rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldschool

Reaction score
I´d already posted this in the ´rigs´ forum, but since this is a rig built around the Mark V, I decided to post it here also.

After being fed up with the tap dancing routine, I finally took the time to rack my pedals and control them via a Ground Control Pro.

Signal flow is:
Line6 G90 Wireless
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Fulltone Micro Vibe (on pedalboard)

Kenton GS8 Loop switcher:
Loop1: Fulltone Catalyst & Fulldrive II
Loop2: TS-9 (Keeley Baked Mod)
Loop3: Fulltone OCD v1
Loop4: Keeley compressor
Loop5: MXR Phase 90 (script logo)
Loop6: Fulltone SupaTrem

Boogie Mark V (or a GreenStripe Mark III)
FX loop:
Boss Volume pedal
TC 1210
Boss Harmonist (in 1st loop of 2290)
TC2290

Here are some pics:

TC 2290 & TC 1210 in the Fxloop of my Mark V
DSCN4976.jpg

DSCN4981.jpg

Pedalshelf:
I decided to use some George L´s that I had lying around, I´m not the best at soldering, so I decided to give the solderless cables a try...
DSCN4989.jpg

Wiring:
DSCN4991.jpg

1st gig:
DSCN4994.jpg

So far I´m really liking this new setup, I have all the pedals in loops in front of the amp (except for the Harmonist, which is in the 1st loop of The 2290). Controlled by a Ground Control Pro.

My only concern is whether I should add some buffering, I actually have no idea if the Kenton GS8 has a buffer or the quality of it, but I do notice some high end loss when bypassing the wireless. The high end loss can be compensated for by using the ´cable tone´ function in the G90.

Nice setup.

I've been wanting to rack my pedals for awhile, but haven't been able to bring myself to spend the money required to do it right, so I keep putting it off.

Yeah, I finally got fed up with the tap dancing, beer spilling, and settings getting whacked when accidentally hitting the knobs with your shoes ;-)

screamingdaisy said:
I notice you have 5 different dirt pedals on the go. Mind if I ask how you're using them?

I have 4 drive pedals on the shelf.

in the first loop are both the Fulldrive and Catalyst, so I choose which one I use (been using the Catalyst for fuzz tones on channel 1 and 2).

Second loop is TubeScreamer which I use for light crunch on the clean channel (I can´t seem to get the same sounds from channel 2).

Third loop is the OCD used for slight solo gain boost on the lead channel.

I know 4 drive pedals may be overkill, but having them in loops doesn´t destroy the dry signal and it´s nice to have different sonic options. I may one of the drive pedals for a Fulltone Micro Vibe which I currently have on my pedalboard.

Oldschool said:
Pedalshelf:
I decided to use some George L´s that I had lying around, I´m not the best at soldering, so I decided to give the solderless cables a try...
DSCN4989.jpg

Your OCD cabling seems to thin-->in my case this causes higher noise at higher gain.if you go to a thicker better shielded one you could get a better result

Roland

thunder100 said:
Your OCD cabling seems to thin-->in my case this causes higher noise at higher gain.if you go to a thicker better shielded one you could get a better result

Roland

Thanks for the tip.

Actually I haven´t noticed any additional noise when using the OCD (or other drive pedals) with the George L cables. I was planning on wiring the tray with thicker Mogami cable but I quite like the sound of the George L´s

Maybe I have to try an A/B comparison.

Oldschool said:
thunder100 said:

Roland

Thanks for the tip.

Actually I haven´t noticed any additional noise when using the OCD (or other drive pedals) with the George L cables. I was planning on wiring the tray with thicker Mogami cable but I quite like the sound of the George L´s

Maybe I have to try an A/B comparison.

You other cables are thicker-->you can just try them-->Go up to 3 o'clock gain .Not all the OCD's are the same my V4 seems to be on the more noisier side

Roland

Yeah I don't know what he's talking about. GL cable has been the best i've ever used. I do not think there is an internal difference between the fat and skinny George L's cables, either.

Nice Work!

phyrexia said:
Yeah I don't know what he's talking about. GL cable has been the best i've ever used. I do not think there is an internal difference between the fat and skinny George L's cables, either.

Nice Work!

Thanks,

I really like the simplicity of this setup, although putting it together was MUCH more work than I had anticipated.

I´ve always been pleased with the sound quality of the George L´s, but never used them in a pedalshelf/rack setup.

I´ve had some people advising me against it, claiming that solderless plugs/cables are not reliable enough, but I´m gonna see how it works out, worst case scenario, I´d have to bypass some pedals (there´s also a master bypass switch on the GS8 looper).

Sorry for the noob question, but how do you engage/disengage individual pedals in the rack (i.e what hits the on/off button on the pedal)?

bcdon said:
Sorry for the noob question, but how do you engage/disengage individual pedals in the rack (i.e what hits the on/off button on the pedal)?

The instant access buttons on the Ground Control Pro turns on/off the loops in the Kenton loopswicher which all the pedals are connected to. The on/off button on the pedals is always ´on´.

gag halfrunt said:
Very nice setup.

I've held off racking my pedals for the simple reason that I like looking at them during shows! :mrgreen:

You should be looking at the audience, not your pedalboard ;-)

screamingdaisy said:
Oldschool said:
Actually, I use the same George L´s for all the pedals...

I think he's mistaking the power cable for an audio cable.

RIGHT :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Appologize

And this although I just needed to look out(hmm audience)

Roland

Oldschool said:
gag halfrunt said:
Very nice setup.

I've held off racking my pedals for the simple reason that I like looking at them during shows! :mrgreen:

You should be looking at the audience, not your pedalboard ;-)
LOL - yep, especially at the hot women :)

But if I have to step on something to change tones or go for my lead boost, I'd rather see the muli-colored board of fun stompboxes than something like this:

RocktronMidiMateBig.jpg

Back