New look for my Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Swank

Reaction score
Well, kinda. This was the shell my Mark III came in, but I swapped it out with the Mark IV combo shell to sell it. So I was stuck with the Mark IV in an old, beat up, hideous shell. I stripped it down and had originally planned on just staining the wood for temporary use. A buddy of mine pointed me in the direction of a local upholstery guy who does amps and cabs on the side. The price was too good to beat, and he had almost every tolex/vinyl imaginable to recover in. I chose a burgandy lizard skin with a black lizard skin front panel and it turned out amazingly well.

Before

100_0768.jpg

100_0769.jpg

100_0770.jpg

And after :twisted:

It's actually much darker in person. The flash over highlights the contrast within the burgandy.

100_0825.jpg

100_0826.jpg

100_0827.jpg

100_0828.jpg

100_0829.jpg

Anyone in the Colorado Springs area interested in recovering some gear should definately look this guy up. His name is Dan and the business is Affordable Upholstery.

Looks cool - I've not seen snakeskin in place of grille cloth before, I'm not 100% on it but it's certainly a cool look for this amp, goes great with the covering. One thing missing though - a Boogie badge!

I'm not sure if I'm gonna put the Boogie badge back on or not. It looks so sleak and clean the way it is.

Latest posts

Back