New Lonestar special owner.few questions...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F.Ace

Reaction score
Hi Mesa friends,
1st thing i got to say is that my english is a bit bad but dont be affraid to reply(im a friendly french guitar addict)

I'm a new 1x12" LSS owner and i got a question about the fan switch...i turn it on but no fans came...joking
seriouly my amp goes very hot and as i'm using it for home recording so i dont want to record the fan,can i damage the amp by leting the fan off for a few hours?
there is no section about it in the owner manual and im a bit affraid.

Another thing,the bass freq are a bit muddy and dont get punchy enough to my taste...maybe i should check for a eq pedel,or just cut another frequence.any suggestion?

I've notice that my http://www.hagstromguitars.com/products/deluxe.html
have much more bite on the drive ch than my Ibanez Fgm series(96)

my main preoccupation is the "fan switch"so if you got any advice/suggestion dont be shy.
thanks.

F.Ace said:
... i got a question about the fan switch...i turn it on but no fans came...joking
That's funny :lol:

The LoneStar Special is a quartet of EL84s Class A operation. They are notorious dissipating alot of heat.

AC30 Vox and Matchless DC30 and one of the Bad Cats amps have the same Class Operation and I don't think (I'm not sure though) they don't use fans. Matter of fact Mark Sampson the AC30 guru founder of Matchless and designer of Bad Cats and now has his own company claims that even suggested that these type of amps sound great when warmed up and he did not recommend a fan.

O-kay ... I'm not sure of the LoneStar Special but I would think it would be o-kay without the fan.

F.Ace said:
Another thing,the bass freq are a bit muddy and dont get punchy enough to my taste...
EL84s could get muddy if the bass is high. Maybe try running a 2x12" enclosure[?]. Just a suggestion.

F.Ace said:
've notice that my http://www.hagstromguitars.com/products/deluxe.html
have much more bite on the drive ch than my Ibanez Fgm series(96)
Usually guitar varies with amps.

I don't think you should worry, presumably if it was a terrible danger they wouldn't make the fan switchable in the first place. My guess is the worst that can happen is your power tubes will age faster than they would with the fan on.

Latest posts

Back