New LLS owner with a chassis question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavy Dupree

Reaction score
First time post here (I did try searching first for pics),

My amp just came in last week, and had some free time today to clean it up inside and out. I noticed this screw which looked crossthreaded and partially backed out to me.

DSCN1308.jpg

DSCN1307.jpg

Does anyone know what this screw does? Does it secure or tie down something which is missing? It's my first used amp, as well as my first tube amp, I just want to be careful.
I don't want to torque it down without asking beforehand whether it needs to be flush to the chassis. Last thing I want is a cracked circuit board...

Thanks!

The screw adds tension to the top of the cabinet to prevent vibrational noise, and it acts as a contact point between the chassis and a layer of foil shielding lining the underside of the cabinet top.
Yes, it's supposed to stick out like that, and yes, you need to back it off before removing the chassis.

You couldn't have searched TOO hard, because this is posted on the main page in Modern Era Amps. :) It's stickied at the very top.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25342

Latest posts

Back