New here PLEASE HELP!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drago

Reaction score
Hey guys

This is my first MESA, and first post. I was looking around and saw a post from a user about his rectoverb combo. I have the same problem with a high pitched rattle and the speakers sounding like crap? I have the head and the other guy had the combo.

I think his user name was mr.T, I don't play really heavy stuff but sometimes I do. I took it to have it looked at by a tech., and he didn't know what was wrong with it. It goes away when you turn the master down all most all the way. Any idea :?:

All the tubes are new, seeded right, and the sockets are fine, the tech said its something in the pre amp? but was not sure, thanks

Its most likely the reverb tank rattling to my expirience. Its a spring reverb tank so the springs rattle with the volume. :wink:

I think it was you who thought it was the tank on the other post, but I asked the tech. and said he looked at the tank and it was fine?

hey man,,, ' ya its for sure NOT the tank,,, i had 3 tec's look at it and they had no idea, i spent like freakin over 300 bucks for nothing,,,,,,,but you are right when you turn down the master most of the way it goes away,, the rattle really doesn't bother me it the low end ripple sound from the speaker, i know you have have the head, but if you speakers sound like crap to it the same thing we got going on????? what it is who knows,, plus the reverb tank would do all the time not just on a really heavy setting,,, dont know WTF is wrong with the rect0's..

Back