New headshell for my Simulclass C+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

av8or3

Reaction score
I recently really hurt my back and so it became necessary to split up one of my combo's in order to continue to play out with it.
FWIW,and for those of you who don't know, a hardwood MkII combo with an EV speaker will weigh in at about 80 lbs. I can't sling these things around like I used too.
Anyway, Trickyrick got the call since I wanted a hardwood to closely match my speaker cabs. He did an excellent job in both the construction and communication depts and was able to get a "dead nuts perfect" color match using Brazilian Cherry and a dye he mixed up. Service was fast too, just over a week from my order to delivery.

Here are some pictures:
BBheadshellpics003.jpg

BBheadshellpics002.jpg

BBheadshellpics008-1.jpg

BBheadshellpics007-1.jpg

These pics are with the front grill removed for tube acess and some of the rear with/without the tube protector so you can see what's all going on in there. It's a bunch, with the fan, reverb pan, all the beautiful tubes and transformers! :D

BBheadshellpics004.jpg

BBheadshellpics005.jpg

BBheadshellpics006.jpg

I would be remiss if I didn't plug another of the amazing talents we are priveleged to have on the BB whose services I've used in the past and that would be GTS. He made this Thiele cab for me to match this unusual combo shell that my IIB resides in.
Rich has told me that he would rather not do Tolex covered cabs and George obviously does like to do them. So we are very fortunate to have the resources available to us that covers very nearly ALL the bases.
These guys appreciate your business. :wink:

BBheadshellpics001.jpg

See 'ya
Jim

Thanks for the kind words Jim, I am happy you are happy, and all of this happiness will make everyone happy. Great Photo's and great equipment. I am jealous. I wish I never let my IIC go. One day I will get another.

Back