New half-ugly Gibson

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingster911

Reaction score
Found this on Musician's Friend when browsing and it's not even out or on the Gibson site yet. I kinda like it...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=527780

explorer lite or what? I have an explorer and love its tone, can't be beat, but this thing... hmm :?

HAHAHAHAHA, the backwards version of that's gonna look SPEC-TAC-ULAR.. :wink:

man, i bet EVH is pissed off right now going.. "The Shark?" that's my guitar.. I should have copyrighted that too... shake angry fist.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about EVH's Shark!! Saw that just the other day. On the subject of reverse guitars, anyone know anything about the Firebird "Non"-Reverse? Looks pretty cool...I hear mixed feelings from everyone though it seems on mini-humbuckers.

UltraGary said:
I'm gonna save my $$$ and wait for the backwards version to come out.
UltraGary said:
I'm gonna save my $$$ and wait for the backwards version to come out.

ha remember the backwards explorer? that was busted as hell, or the eric clapton explorer? also busted. im a sucker for a reverse headstock tho :mrgreen: haha. that by no way means id buy the sharktail. ef that nonsense. i have a v in the mail anyway, i cant be looking at guitars. i need to worry bout writin some riffs 8)

kingster911 said:
Oh yeah I totally forgot about EVH's Shark!! Saw that just the other day. On the subject of reverse guitars, anyone know anything about the Firebird "Non"-Reverse? Looks pretty cool...I hear mixed feelings from everyone though it seems on mini-humbuckers.

The Non-Reverse Firebirds are pretty cool guitars. They made a Custom Shop version back in 2002 that had Burstbucker #2/#3 vs the mini humbuckers you now see. They also made a version a year or so ago with 3 P-90 pickups that looked really great. I have a Firebird Studio in Classic White and it is fantastic. The sound is like a cross of a LP and SG - cuts like SG and has the sustain of the LP. Humbuckers vs the mini humbuckers found in the Firebird V model. Always thought Firebirds looked awesome so when they released the Studio model with humbuckers I just had to have it... I would love to get my hands on the Burstbucker #2/#3 model I mentioned above. :D

The last Explorer "hack" Gibson did that I thought looked alright was the Explorer 90.
This isn't a bad idea, but it's a fail of the ESP Star/Jackson Warrior/Ibanez Xiphos market.

Thank goodness it's a "limited run". The world doesn't need more ugly guitars no matter how cheaply MF might be blowing them out.

:mrgreen:

That one reminds me of the Hamer Scarab. I had one back in the day.......I was pretty underwhelmed.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll: mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gibson= :oops:

guitar-destroyer.jpg

Haha Jackson should try to sue their *** like Gibson does to everybody else because that just looks like an uglier (possible?) Jackson warrior. It also reminds me of the guitar that The guitarist from that Japanese 80s band loudness played :lol:

Latest posts

Back