New guy / Cool Mark IIC+ settings/content

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supramax

Reaction score
Howdy folks !

I am a rock n roller from Norway joining in. I recently purchased a Mark IIC+ from a Boogie-freak on this forum. Great guy.
My playing revolves mainly around Rock, from pop to metal, so I knew the Mark was a good amp for me and sounds great after a few days of tweaking.

I've previously have had a Tri/290 rack setup, which to be quite honest was everything I found I didn't need/use and not what I ultimatly sought, sound wise.. found myself tweaking the C+ lead-channel all the time, so the real thing (all options minus reverb) was a pricy, but very cool investment.

A question; I'm mostly socially in bands w/ 2 guitars, gigs, etc. and have gotten used to the comfort of a Peavey 6505+ w/footswitch - Effects-loop to engage "solo-mode". Purchasing a Voodooman switch. Boss RE-20 Space Echo in loop.

- How do you best approach a "third gear"/boost in lead drive mode for soloing?

Now - settings.
I'm playing mostly rock/metal nowdays, and I'm looking to further explore sounds in this odd little thing.

Guitar: Gibson LPR7 Goldtop w/Burstbuckers.

Here's a setting that I feel very comfortable with and would like to share:

Vol1 = 8*, Treble = 7-8*, Bass = 2*, Mid = 4, Master1 = 2-3, Lead Drive = 5-6*, Lead Master = 2 (Presence = 5).

- It's very dry sounding, and is great for riffs. I kick in the EQ (almost flat w. a little more mids) for soloing. Great pick response.

Like I said, I'm a terrible MARK-newbie in real tweaking mode, and all cool settings or tips would be greatly appreachiated.

Anyone have a cool HEAVY (typical 0 mids Pantera-style) setting? Looking to impress my metal-freakish drummer, haha! :)

Anyway - LET'S SHARE !

8)

Welcome.. here is my #1 tone

Volume 1: 7 pulled
Treble: 6.5 pulled
Bass: 2 pulled
Middle: 2.5
Master 1: 2 pulled
Lead Drive: 8
Lead Master: 2 pulled

cpluseq.jpg

If you want extra degrees of boost, know that some of the pull knobs only engage in the lead channel. Also, if you have the graphic EQ, you can experiment with raising most or all of the sliders above the mid point. When you hit the EQ button you can has some serious boost. I also like the RC Booster.

Hey guys! Great !!
8)

I also have another question, though; how do you best balance the clean and lead-mode Volume?

It seems that whenever I have a good, fairly loud Lead, the Rythm is out to KILL me on the same settings...

I will experiment, I just don't have the amp in immediate availability just now..

Thanks again! :)

if you want to make a solo boost for your self.. put some sort of Clean boost into FX loop and wamo, off it's normal volume on it's how ever high you set your boost...Big jump..

Cool Amp.

Great thanks, Platypus ! I won't be able to try it before a couple of weeks, but I'll let you all know how it worked out ! I'm positive ! :)

Latest posts

Back