new grill cloth?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcgdc5

Reaction score
Hi guys. I want your opinions. Since I got my Fuchs endorsement, my trusty 1990 DC5 has been somewhat retired. I'm revamping the DC5 with new tubes, caps and a make over. I have a small tear(1/4")in the speaker grill cloth right below the speaker and I'm considering replacing the grill cloth. The amp is black but to jazz up things a bit I'm thinking of a different color grill cloth...maybe tan, gray..whatever.

I realize that "all original" has more value etc but? What do you all think?

Also, my DC5 came with a Mesa Engineering face plate. I rented a DC5 in the mid 90's while mine was being repaired and the rental had a Boogie faceplate. Does anyone know the reasons and dates the face plates were changed?

Thanks!

Hey - I don't know when or why they changed the logo from "Boogie" to "Mesa/Boogie", but I like the old school look better myself.

I have a DC-3, and I called the folks at Mesa and ordered a "Boogie" nameplate to put on. $14 including s&h. Looks cool.

If you really want another Mesa grill cover, they can do one up for you, but I don't think it's cheap. There's an alternative - check this:

http://hardtruckers.com/custom.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page. I may go for one of these myself. I called to talk to them about it, and they reuse your old grill cover frame. For a bit more money they will make a new frame for you. This is probably the route I will go, so that I can keep the old grille and return the amp to bone stock if I need to.

Good luck.

Back