New favorite Boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebpedersen

Reaction score
Just took delivery of this rather tasty slice of amplifier.

n503424701_1740557_3960928.jpg

I've gotta say - I know the IIC+ has a legend behind it, but I honestly don't see how any amp could be that much better than this IIB! I'm absolutely blown away - I've got a Mark IV stack and the 1x15 Mark I you can see in the corner of the picture and I've gotta say, this IIB could not fit more perfectly in between the two sonically: beautifully smooth, full sound of the Mark IV but without the clinical tendencies, and the wild, almost irrepressible personality of the Mark I but without ever giving you too much or too little of anything, just right!

I couldn't be happier with this thing - 15th of Jan 1981 built by Mike Bendinelli, original EV speaker, original footswitch, graphic EQ and reverb. Fortunately enough it came with the complete original envelope with maintenance manual, user manual and reprints of some period Boogie adverts as well as a copy of some vintage interviews with Randy, the Fachblatt test and the Melody Maker and Guitar Player reviews.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier! I thought about a Mark II for a couple of years but reading all the nice things people on this board had to say - I had to give it a go, and I'm certainly seeing what all the fuss is about!

Nice! Have fun with the new addition. There are some clips (songs, rather) posted by board member Gonzo of his IIB and it sounds awesome! That's a great amp for sure.

WOW! Looks just like mine. :D
You did say on my first post you were expecting delivery today. I share your excitement, I gigged with mine on Tues nite and it sounded great.
I sent mine off to Mike B. today for a cap job. He said it should be a 10 day (max) turnaround. Can't wait to get it back.
Enoy!! :mrgreen:

Nice score. The IIB's seem to be gaining a little popularity. I better get my hands on one before the prices get too crazy.

Scott

Back