New DC-5 owner, footswtich question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmatrix

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a new DC-5 owner and new to the forum as well. First Mesa I've owned, and it definitely lived up to my expectations!

So I have question... I'm looking to make my own footswitch pedal for channel switching. And I was curious about the other footswitch-able options for this amp. I looked around the back and saw this:

ftswkx3.jpg

I'm having trouble figuring out what it means, there's an EQ FTSW label with no input, a REV FTSW, and a toggle switch with 4 labels around it but only two positions. The user manual pdf shows a single EQ/REV FTSW stereo input and knob type switch which is clearly different from what I have, probably due to certain revisions.

Can anyone help me figure out what kind of switching I'm capable of back there? Reverb on/off? EQ on/off?

If its anything like my dc3 its as follows.

The front panel has a stereo jack for channel change and EQ switching.

The back jack you see marked REV FTSW is a mono rev footswitch. The toggle is to assign the EQ to be on all the time or on just with lead channel when not footswitched

If you go on the boogie website you can download the manual easily and it explains it in there.

Thanks for the quick answer!

I took a look at the DC-3 manual on the MB website, and its the same as the DC-5 manual's layout, which is again different than mine. But I took a look at the DC-10 manual and it has the same layout as what I have (and what you described as well). Makes sense now... thanks.

Latest posts

Back