New axe day! (62 Jazzmaster content)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
Well.. I was going to wait on this but Fender went and discontinued my favorite color so I jumped on the only one I could find in a 6 state area :p

jm1.jpg

jm2.jpg

:D :D :D

Spirithunter said:
That is freakin hot! One of my fav colors for fenders to.
Nice snag Platypus. 8)

Thanks! Surf green was just made for 60s fenders... I can't believe they cut it out of the 08 catalog :(

way to go fender.. kill SURF green on a SURF guitar :p

Hi Platypus,
I thought you might like to see pic of my US Fender Highway 1 FSR Strat Surf Green i came across yesterday in a local guitar shop.
I guess they only made 150 of these.
I traded in a Mexican Tele i had laying around and ended up paying like $250.00 for it and it came with a HSC.:D

CornfordHarlequinandstrat.jpg

Awesome! Nice score...I love surf green so much on fenders.

It was a choice between a JM or a surf green strat with a maple neck but I had to go with the JM in the end.

That's beautiful, man!

I almost picked up a used Jagstang in that color a couple of years ago, but my wife surprised me with a new Jaguar for Christmas (awesome), so I had to let it pass.

How's that puppy sound? It took me weeks to figure out the different pickup configurations on my Jag.....

JF Omalycat said:
That's beautiful, man!

I almost picked up a used Jagstang in that color a couple of years ago, but my wife surprised me with a new Jaguar for Christmas (awesome), so I had to let it pass.

How's that puppy sound? It took me weeks to figure out the different pickup configurations on my Jag.....

It sounds awesome! I love the rhythm circuit on it, it browns out so nicely with a bit of volume. The middle position on the 3 way is def my favorite though... chime city

Nice Jazzmaster man! I can't believe Fender discontinued Surf Green on the Jazzmaster. That guitar defines surf music.

Back