New Amp! Hardwood Simul-Class Purple Stripe Mark III Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm now the owner of my SECOND loaded long head blue stripe and both of them have been absolutely amazing amps which are utra aggressive. I like to say that they're about as pissed off as a cat that's been tasered. In my opinion, having listened to many Mark IIC+ amps on recordings and a bunch of youtube demos as well, I have to conclude that the Blue Stripe is more than capable of getting the IIC+ tonality, certainly close enough for me, and it has gain to spare. It's not a perfect amp, there are things about it that can be improved, but they are things that don't really matter to me. R2 drive control? I don't use R2. Not at all. Reverb is a bit weak? While I like reverb, I like it on the clean channel, and what I use the Blue Stripe for is the lead channel so that doesn't matter much to me, either. But apparently the reverb level mod is very easy so I MIGHT do it. The reverb IS a bit subtle and the amp does have a nice clean tone. Worth doing, I suppose,
but that doesn't change the fact that the reason for the Blue Stripe to be in my hands is that sick, angry lead channel.

Back