New Amp Day (MK IV Content)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandoismetal

Reaction score
So I was finally able to get the tone that I've been looking for.

I love my new MKIV. I got it used from eBay for a very good price. I could swear this thing is brand new if it wasn't missing two knobs.

181866_454496197894620_1005152142_n.jpg

wow very nice-i just got my miii last month and yes finally a amp am really happy with-mesa/s are great.

I saw a Mark IV combo on Chicago Craigslist today (actually located in Hammond, Indiana) for $900. Even though I am 100% satisfied with my Mark III purple stripe, I can't pretend I wasn't a little tempted. That is an incredible deal. Nice amp man!

Thanks guys.

I got it for $1100 shipped all the way from Alaska (I live in Texas). It was a torture waiting for it to arrive.

The seller was even willing to help me cover the cost of the repair (two knobs, one pot, and labor for about $100).

I just sold a Rect-O-Verb Series I to help fund this purchase and while I was happy with the tone,

I am floored by the incredible lead tone out of the MK IV.

Whoopysnorp said:
I saw a Mark IV combo on Chicago Craigslist today (actually located in Hammond, Indiana) for $900. Even though I am 100% satisfied with my Mark III purple stripe, I can't pretend I wasn't a little tempted. That is an incredible deal. Nice amp man!
hey mark iii do u know if its true that the purple stripe was only made for a very short period of time-i was reading a bunch of stuff and saw that-and do u know why if it is true?

Right now I'm playing the IV through the cab on the pic using an Ibanez RG 1570 with a Liquifire/Crunch Lab set and a few TC Electronic pedals (Flashback Delay & Corona Chorus) on the loop with their output set at about 9 o'clock.

It sounds amazing, however, it sounds a bit muddy. I'm only playing at bedroom levels (Lead Master on 2.5, Output on 1.5) so I'm guessing it has to do more with volume than EQ (LG:8.5 (Pulled), LT:6.5, LB:4, LM:5, LP:2.5, LD: 7.5 (Pulled)).

Would you guys agree?

dearlpitts said:
hey mark iii do u know if its true that the purple stripe was only made for a very short period of time-i was reading a bunch of stuff and saw that-and do u know why if it is true?

Could well be true; I'm not sure. According to the Mark III stripe history page, the revision following the purple stripe was the red stripe, and the changes included: "R2 further developed and very hot. Lead mode is also tweaked to close in on the IIC+ sound". Maybe it was based on customer feedback wanting more level in R2. Doesn't matter to me; with the R2 mod in place on my amp, I really dig the R2 tone, and I wouldn't want a version that might sound different.

Back