New Amp Day!!! ElectraDyne!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine shipped on Thursday, should be at the store today or tomorrow-can't wait. Hope the knob is there. First I heard of it was this morning.

Knob is there! Very exciting stuff. Played in store for quite a while, had the volume maxed and the clean channel was right where i wanted it in volume when compared the gain settings, not that I spent much time tweaking it. Seems to alleviate the problem.

Armando said:
boogieboy said:
Knob is there! Seems to alleviate the problem.

By alleviate do you mean it completely solves the issue or is it still compromised?

Poor phrasing on my part. I didnt think it was a problem to start with, more of a limitation. The settings on the original without the knob was fine for me, but I could see other folks might wantd more clean headroom or more or less volume from either side-might have a little trouble getting it balanced out. The knob acts as a second clean master so you can cut back the clean sound much more if you want to crank the front volume. There is also a switch that cuts gain on the clean side, or the gain side, or in the middle-which is standard. My controls are pretty much stock-without the mod. Clean near full, switch in the middle.

So-any limitations are gone. It functions as a two channel amp, with a boost on the second channel...if I had to categorized it.

That is one sweeeeeeeeeeeeet looking rig. I got a chance to check one out today, I plugged in gibson 59 RI into 2x12 ED combo I must say very simple to dial in. It had that AC/DC,THIN LIZZY,AEROSMITH vintage sounding vibe to it. If i had the extra cash i would this piece to the collection. 8)

jdurso said:
Awesome looking amp... and the classy looks match the tone.

I played one at Mesa Hollywood a few weeks back and while I left MH not craving the Mark V anymore, I left with a new kind of GAS in the shape of an ElectraDyne. I was never a fan of el84s until i met this amp... everything about the tone was sweet and that puppy took pedals like it was its job. I challenge anyone who rags on Mesa for being too complex to try the electradyne with the pedals of their choice and not want to break out the credit card :twisted:

I dont know about anyone else, but to me this is what a VOX should sound like just as a Stiletto is what a Marshall should sound like.

It doesn't run on EL84. You probably thought so cause there's that harmonic haze over anything you play, especially the high end of the tonal spectrum. That's just the Simulclass blending class A and class A/B. I comes with 6L6s, but you can opt to put EL34s in them. As for the tone, I managed to dial in Marshall and Vox like tones from it, and it sounded great...

Such a beautiful rig, and it sounds pure and raw. This one steals the Mk5 thunder to me...

Analog Kid said:
Such a beautiful rig, and it sounds pure and raw. This one steals the Mk5 thunder to me...

After I played one for 15 minutes....I went home, got my MK V head, and on the next day, returned it....ordered an ED :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back