New Alter Bridge STUDIO rig pic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyc4

Reaction score
l06b29b179a95975fa67d15lv5.jpg

can anyone identify the rectos? are they dual or triple?

by the way, recording engineer and he told me that the amps that were mostly used were the JCM 800, Herbert and the Rectifiers.

The 3 channel is a triple...two channel seems to be a dual.

..**** that's a lot! Is it really necessary? Looks badass though!

Really got me gasing :(

that is very very unnecessary IMO. there's no way that any of those amps can bring anything unique to the table. Each gets diluted to 1/10th of its potential.

Metallica has more amps than this, but they collected them over different albums over time. each was used as a main or secondary amp for a difft. album. this on the other hand just looks like pure gluttony to me...

yeah but if you could and money wasn't a problem, and neither is carrying it around...

Elpelotero said:
that is very very unnecessary IMO. there's no way that any of those amps can bring anything unique to the table. Each gets diluted to 1/10th of its potential.

Metallica has more amps than this, but they collected them over different albums over time. each was used as a main or secondary amp for a difft. album. this on the other hand just looks like pure gluttony to me...

^^Obviously has no studio experience.

When recording an album, you want to get the best tone possible, which means trying out everything you can get your hands on. They're not using every amp at the same time, and half of them probably won't be used on the final product.

DSS3 said:
Elpelotero said:

^^Obviously has no studio experience.

When recording an album, you want to get the best tone possible, which means trying out everything you can get your hands on. They're not using every amp at the same time, and half of them probably won't be used on the final product.

i have recorded before and have been more than content with just a 90's dual rectifier and a fender twin reverb. I really see no reason for anyone to use 10 amps to find just one little tone for one fill of a song that the average listener is never going to notice.

It's not at all about what the average listener would notice. If that were the case, we'd all be playing PODs!

They're obviously layering 2 different amps for the main distorted tone, probably using a different amp for the lead tones, and another for cleans.

Sure, it may be totally unnecessary, but it's going to sound damned good in the end. Maybe they just wanted to try as many tonal variations as possible to decide which would be the perfect one?

I'd rather have a lot of variety to choose from than be limited by a single amp, regardless of how good it sounds.

Elpelotero said:
I really see no reason for anyone to use 10 amps to find just one little tone for one fill of a song that the average listener is never going to notice.

You see no reason,well the band see it and it's their stuff. :wink:

Imagine that you will record your cd and you have free studio time to record it.If you aren't rich,you will borrow your friend's amps to find the tone you are looking for .Ten amps isn't too much at all.
Mesa tone's and other amps tones are what they are because of the experimentation of musicians over decades in the studio.If there isn't experimentation,we're still using our guitars plugged into our father's stereo :wink:

What I'm trying to say is that's not the studio's collection. It's tremonti's collection and I doubt he's able to maximize their efficiency. I'll give it to you though, those clips are bad and were in no way intended to be good!! I have half-sold one of the heads to my guitarist and the other is being sold by the end of next month.

don't sweat it man. I equally apologize. I just got a little upset that you claimed I have no experience recording besides those garbage clips. The purpose of those clips was just to demonstrate the clean tones to a fellow forum member because he was asking me about the cleans. I was unable to get access to my singer's protools for the purposes of recording a 30 second clip.

Latest posts

Back