Need some help with tone settings for Express 5:25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Very Slow Hands

Reaction score
I am a beginer and am loving my new Express amp, but need some help getting tone settings in the "ballpark". I love the sound of 1990's to present Carlos Santana. Any ideas? Thanks for any help...

I'm not sure exactly how Santana gets his tone, but it sounds like he's rolling back the tone control on his guitar, then boosting the treble on his amp a bit. IIRC, he uses Mark series amps, so the Express should be able to get very close to his sound.

As much as I love Santanas sound I think the Marks have even better sounds looked away in there and I'm sure that the Express 5:25 does as well. I tried one out the other day and I loved it. I would even consider on of those over my MKIV. I preferred it over the Stiletto Ace or the 5:50. Like an better designed F30

That Dyna-watt circuit with the EL84's is amazing. It's one of the best innovations Mesa has ever come out with.

Repost this in the Express forum. We're all quite helpful. :)

Anywho, crack open your manual and try the recommended settings. Those make a great starting point, and then you can gradually tweak to make those settings a good match for your guitar. Guitar, pickups, strings, etc all play a huge part in the tone you seek, so my settings may or may not get you where you want to be.

Latest posts

Back