Need some advice on the Lone star combo amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried both and I think what works for me is the LSS this amp is awesome!! Now I need to decide on with combo amp should I get the 1x12 cab or the 2x12 the store didn't have the 2x12 amp
Darryl

woody...when trying the LSS...have you tried the head?
and did you try to play some 80's metal with it?

benlink said:
woody...when trying the LSS...have you tried the head?
and did you try to play some 80's metal with it?

Ben I didn't try the head because the store didn’t have any. As far as 80 metal I believe that you could play 80s music with the LS special. I have an F-50 that has tons of tone and has a great dirty channel and the clean channel is like very nice with a pull push gain. I’m also going to look into the stiletto ace combo

Woody--did you ever think about trying a Single rec or a rectoverb?? It isnt a fender twin but I believe that it can get allot better clean sound than people think. The key to this is that you need to have the Output turned up to around half or so with your clean channel master set lower to keep the volume reasonable. I also keep the Gain around 10 oclock to keep the sparkle there with enough depth. The key to this channel is the power amp "bounce" will give you the butter I think your looking for. Of course then you have the ability to reach for any depth of gain you want after that. I think you'll find that you'll find your Angus Young and your Hetfield, your Skinnerd and your Poison. If you ask me you will get everything your looking for in a 50 watt Rect-o-Verv and Reverb to boot! :D I would give one of those a shot before you make your final decision!

Back