Need pre-amp recomendations.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicbox

Reaction score
For awhile now I've been stressing about getting modern sounds from my blue angel. I absolutely love the power-amp for its versititly and tone, as I can adjust the wattage to varying situations for optimum tone. Unfortunately, the pre-amp, although brilliant for blue's and jazz and even classic rock, falls pretty much flat on its face for any modern sounds. Now I've been contemplating trying to trade it, but I just can't let it go. I love the **** thing. So instead, I figured I may be able to buy an outboard tube preamp to run for the heavier sounds. I would like something that will provide decently high gain sounds, along with some santana like sustained lead tones and marshally crunch rhythm tones. Doens't have to be recto-heavy, and I prefer way more mids than they put out, but it should be able to put out a decent grind. Can't spend any more than 500 u.s. Any recomendations? Even outside of mesa...

First thing that comes to mind is the ADA MP-1, you can get these modded from Voodoo for about $300 I believe.

Latest posts

Back