Need opinions on LS Classic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brucesinger

Reaction score
I have been a Mesa guy since '82, (MKIIC+, F50, Express 5:50), and plan on staying in the family. I am also an overdrive pedal junkie! And while I love pedals, I am looking to simplify my set up.

I really only need two sounds: a clean/edge-of-break-up tone and a medium gain tone. Again, both for classic rock rhythm guitar.

Currently using an Express 5:50 head/vertical 2x12 cab, and a couple of OD pedals, (Timmy and Analogman TS9). I also use an Xotic RC booster in the the fx loop to give me a slight volume boost when required.

One of the roadblocks to simplifying has always been a boost for the few times I need to do a certain riff or solo. (I play 99% rhythm guitar). With the Express, I need the RC in the loop to achieve this.

The Lonestar Classic seems to have an answer with the boost switch. Does this function work well enough to boost for short solos?

My thought is that I can use channel one for my clean tone and channel two (with mods) for my medium gain work. This would hopefully eliminate the pedalboard.

Am I on the right track?

Totally right! With the mods ch 2 becomes a very nice medium gain. The boost gets you on top of things with a little fattness added that everyone loves!

What plan-x said.

I mentioned this in another post earlier, but these days 99% of my playing time is spent going straight into either channel, sometimes slightly pushed with a Barber LTD SR, and I've been re-learning how to use my guitars' volume knob. :wink: Between all of these variables, I can get a huge variety of colors and shades, with varying degrees of attack and compression and cut. It's really amazing what you can do with these simple tools.

The Solo Boost works beautifully with this.

djw said:
What plan-x said.

I mentioned this in another post earlier, but these days 99% of my playing time is spent going straight into either channel, sometimes slightly pushed with a Barber LTD SR, and I've been re-learning how to use my guitars' volume knob. :wink: Between all of these variables, I can get a huge variety of colors and shades, with varying degrees of attack and compression and cut. It's really amazing what you can do with these simple tools.

The Solo Boost works beautifully with this.

+1

In my case, OD enhanced with a Fulltone FD 2

Latest posts

Back