Need help making a choice (rack shock cases)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rom

Reaction score
hi i'm new to the forum and a big fan of Mesa gear.

I'm looking at putting together my rack gear in a case or cases and need some advice from experienced rack gear users in choosing the right shock rack case for my applications.

Here is my rack gear:
1.) Mesa 290 Power amp (2 unit)
2.) Triaxis (1 unit)
3.) TC Electronics GForce (1 unit)
4.) Furman Power (1 unit)

My non rack gear:
1.) two 4x12 Mesa Cabs
2.) one floorboard case with Voodoo Ground Control pro.

I'm planning on moving my rack gear about 1 - 2 times a month playing locally...and possibly 1 or 2 shows out of town annually, less than 400 miles away.

Your help and feedback is greatly appreciated!

I've got just a little bigger setup than yours. Furman, Triaxis, 2:90, GMajor 2, switcher and pedal drawer. I use a 12 space rack on casters which is pretty heavy and depending on what you're loading into and out of is typically a 2 person job (lifting anyway). If I had to do it all over again, I would consider putting the 2:90 in it's own 2 space rack to help cut down on the weight and make it easier to move myself.

At any rate, here is a link to where I purchased my shock mount case from. Prices are very reasonable and the quality is great. They sell different depths, so make sure you get one that will fit the Triaxis (deepest component of my rig anyway).

http://www.audiopile.net/products/Cases/CASE_and_HARDWARE_SELECT.shtml

Hope that helps!

KH2203 said:
I've got just a little bigger setup than yours. Furman, Triaxis, 2:90, GMajor 2, switcher and pedal drawer. I use a 12 space rack on casters which is pretty heavy and depending on what you're loading into and out of is typically a 2 person job (lifting anyway). If I had to do it all over again, I would consider putting the 2:90 in it's own 2 space rack to help cut down on the weight and make it easier to move myself.

At any rate, here is a link to where I purchased my shock mount case from. Prices are very reasonable and the quality is great. They sell different depths, so make sure you get one that will fit the Triaxis (deepest component of my rig anyway).

http://www.audiopile.net/products/Cases/CASE_and_HARDWARE_SELECT.shtml

Hope that helps!

KH,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm looking at about 142 lbs with my rack gear and an A&S 10 sp shock air rack with casters (smallest standard case they make with casters). Yea a 2 person job. Not something you can roll into a car or truck. Some lifting will need to be done...unless you are pulling a trailer with a ramp.

Or about 111 lbs with my rack gear and an A&S 5 sp shock air rack (no casters). Could be a 1 person job, but at 111 lbs...may break back lifting in and out of gigs? It can be put in a car or truck.

Looks like if I want stereo 290...gonna have roll that sucker into gigs... or put in, like you said, in its own 2 unit shock rack...but gonna have to plug and unplug the stereo signal and speaker cables every time... could these input and output jacks get worn out after some time? like guitar inputs?

Back