Need Help From The Tremoverb Gurus + Gut Shot

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellaboogie

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a tremoverb combo and thought I'd snap a couple of pictures to help identify what components I have. Your help and comments are greatly appreciated thanks. Here's what I got so far.
DATE ON CHASSIS 4-9-93 KAYDEE
SERIAL # R001739
CHOKE 550381 EIA606 302
PT 561136/EIA 606-242
OT 562105/EIA 606-304
HARDWIRED POWER CORD
SERIES FX LOOP
BOARD REVISION RR-1C DATE ON BOARD 3-93 MB

I'm trying to understand the lineage of the tremoverb and figure out the difference between the board revisions and the trannys of the tremoverb for example what's the difference from board RR-1C vs RR-xx also whats the difference in the trannys mine have the following PT 561136 OT 562105
Later models of the tremoverb have PT 561140
What are the differences how do these changes or revisions effect the amps.
Thanks.

The temoverb is a cool and very underestimated amp in my opinion, someone chime in and share your knowledge and experience with us.

I read an interest thread about Rectos board revisions.

Does this apply to Tremoverbs as well?
Thanks

Just talked to Mike Bendinelli and he says that all board revisions have the same sound.
Mine is a '98 amp with a 561140 PT, a 562105 OT and board revision RR-1E.
Regards

igfraso said:
Just talked to Mike Bendinelli and he says that all board revisions have the same sound.
Mine is a '98 amp with a 561140 PT, a 562105 OT and board revision RR-1E.
Regards

Don't mean to be rude but Revision E only lasted a few months in 1992. The revisions do not all sound the same. He is simply saying that to avoid opening a can of worms. It's not the first time Mesa employees try to pull a blanket over their customers' eyes.

Sure, Elpelotero, it could be that he doesn't want to open a can of worms. Or it could also be that Tremoverb boards are not as wildly different as the Rectos'.

And still, I wonder:
- Dual rectos revision E are from 1992 (I read your excellent thread, thank you for such a good job!!)
- Hellaboogie's Tremoverb is a 1993 vintage and has an RR-1C board
- Mine is a 1998 (signed by MB) and has an RR-1E board

I see that you are implying that Rectos and Tremoverbs share the same preamp boards; is that correct? (sorry for my ignorance, but I see that Recto boads start with RF).

If that is true, why would they use a C revision on a 1993 Trem and an E revision on a 1998?
I am confused and I apologize in advance if I am saying something stupid.
regards

Back