Need help finding a backup guitar!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Botch

Reaction score
So then, I'm in the market for a 2nd guitar for live shows. My main guitar is a Gibson SG Std and I play this thru a Dual Recto and a 1960AV (my band plays mainly hardcore/emo).

What I'm ideally looking for is a guitar with a maple top, mahogany body and humbuckers in the low-ish/mid price bracket. My first choice at the moment is the Schecter Tempest Custom.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=51

My second choice is the Epi Les Paul Custom but they don't have a maple top and the hardware isn't as good as the Schecter's.

So, after all that, are there any guitars you guys could recommend to me? I'm totally out of ideas and the Schecter's are hard to find here in the UK. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...cheers guys!

Go to a local guitar store and ask about an LTD Hybrid-300... has a duncan humbucker in the bridge (pretty high output) and a single coil in the neck.. volume and a tone pot.

I got mine for $299, its a $600 guitar.

I love it

Need any info PM me, they're kind of hard to find.

You should check out the PRS SE single cuts. You can get'em new with a flamed maple top for about 550 over here. Really good guitars for the money.

Latest posts

Back