Need a good Chorus Pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the Dunlop Uni-Vibe.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-UniVibe-Effect-Pedal?sku=151092

I just listened to the samples of the Dunlop u-vibe at the MF site and to me it sounds more like a phaser with a "wobble" in it but not like a traditional chorus. Sounds great though. If I didn't already have a phaser , I would consider it for sure. Is it true bypass ?

Regarding the Digitech , I don't understand what manufacturers are thinking. they come up with these modelling pedals that can emulate many different sounds (like the Chorus Factory) BUT THEY DON'T ALLOW FOR PRESETS !! :x

At least the Boss CE-20 has 4 presets. I am considering that one but I have not heard it yet so can't comment on the quality of the bypassed and effected tones.

I agree with you Mbmesa, presets are nice.

The Line 6 MM4 modulation modeler has 4 presets and does various chorus and flange sounds. This thing takes a lot of space and costs around $250 - $300. I have no idea how it sounds, but it might be worth trying.

The H2O has **** bypass . . . if you can live with that . . . it's cool, cause they're great sounding. 8)

try out SC10 from Ibanez, they're wonderfull, analog vibe, warm sounding and dont mess with your tone that much and yes, they cost peanuts, like 30-40 bucks on the bay . . .

mbmesa said:
I just listened to the samples of the Dunlop u-vibe at the MF site and to me it sounds more like a phaser with a "wobble" in it but not like a traditional chorus. Sounds great though. If I didn't already have a phaser , I would consider it for sure. Is it true bypass ?

no it's not true bypass, and some people have a real problem with tone sucking. i prefer the sweetsound mojo vibe, but have also heard great things about the fulltone deja vibe (the older, big gold colored model is supposed to be killer).

i bought the mojo vibe for that univibe sound, but it turns out to be quite useful as a chorus pedal if you turn the rate down and the intensity up. i'll eventually post some clips when i'm done recording some songs with my band. overall though, i wouldn't classify it as a chorus pedal per se. for the same price you could get a TC SCF or ChoralFlange that might serve more purposes.

I used to really love the H20... and then took it out of my chain and could not believe the difference in tone.

I can no longer recommend the H20.

Latest posts

Back