Need a good Chorus Pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxxK

Reaction score
Hey im looking for a good chorus pedal, one that has a lot of depth and works especially well with single notes and power chords. If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated thanks.[/b]

The new Digitech CF-7 Chorus Factory should be reaching the store shelves right about now. I'm not recommending it, I'm just mentioning it. It is supposed to emulate all of the most popular chorus pedals, and I'm dying to try it myself. I'm tired of the limitations of my old blue Boss Chorus.

H2O has an echo as well.

I hear alot of great stuff about that analogman chorus, and I have a rocktron tsunami im using which is great stuff too.

Red Barchetta said:
Brewski said:
I have a Homebrew THD (Three Hound Chorus) It's very lush and is a true bypass pedal. It's been a great pedal.

Brewski is a Tone God. He just won't admit it....He's my hero.

RB

You're crackin' me up, Red. Tone God! Not really.

BTW Correction above, it's THC not THD. (I'll edit it) It does the job quite well and I like it's sound, but I never got to compare it with the Choral Flange. Red, you have very discriminating taste in gear and years of experience to back it up.

I still have that Supa-Trem that you suggested on my wish list!!! HAHAHAHAHA! I haven't run out of gas, just cash! :lol:

Much of the time it's a balancing act of what sounds good to each musician , as well as, what fits their budget.

I haven't run out of gas, just cash!

Yeah, Brew...I had to hold off a bit after Christmas to pay those bills! But now, I've got a BYOC script phaser on the way to replace my modded Phase 90, and in about 60 days, I'll have a new set of subs for my PA!!!

RB

+1 for the H20. The echo is really nice on that pedal as well.

Analogman Mini Chorus pedal is awesome. I set the rate at zero and depth at 100% and it is the best Chorus I have ever used....

We've reviewed the following chorus pedals at MusicPlayers.com:

- Marshall RG-1 Regenerator Modulation Pedal
- Rocktron Deep Blue Chorus Pedal
- Visual Sound H2O Liquid Chorus & Echo Pedal
- Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus Pedal

http://www.musicplayers.com/reviews/index-Guitars.php

My personal favorites that work well both clean and layered with distortion for that LA Sound are still a BOSS CE-5 and the Marshall RG-1. We'll be reviewing the TC Electronic SCF pedal -- considered one of the best chorus pedals of all time -- soon.

Scott

It depends on what you consider to be a great chorus tone. I have two chorus pedals, a Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus and a TC SCF. Both are great-sounding pedals in their own way though they sound very different.

The TC SCF is a very hi-fi sort of pedal in that it's got a very full frequency response range. When I was first looking at it, I went to a clinic performance by Preston Reed, an accomplished acoustic player. Preston was using the SCF for his acoustic instruments. Perhaps another way to think of it is that if you want a very modern-sounding clean tone, like John Petrucci, the SCF is a very good pedal choice for that sort of sound.

The Voodoo Labs pedal is definitely more of a throwback pedal. Indeed, it's modeled after the old Boss CE-1 Chorus pedal from the '70's. It's a great pedal if you are more into the chorused sounds from late '70's/early '80's Rush or perhaps the Police. The only downside to the Voodoo Labs pedal in my experience is that I've had it break down twice and it's the only pedal I've ever owned that's had a mechanical problem. But when it's working, it's a great-sounding pedal.

I just tryed out a retro sonic and i didn't like the way it sounded throu my Mesa F-50 its going back so now i was thinking about the DLS chours vib. Anyone using one of these pedals? How are you guys runing your pedal throu the Fx loop

Anybody try a Boss CE-20 ? From what I read you can get just about any Chorus sound you want out of it and can also adjust the tone of it (bass treble ambience etc) . Don't know how it works with Mesa amps though

If all you want to do is set the pedal and forget it, the new Digitech CF-7 (Chorus Factory) emulates Voodoo Labs, TC SCF, Fulltone Choral Flange and Boss chorus pedals, plus a couple more (7 in all). I like the sound, especially for the price.

The only problem is that it has so **** many little tiny concentric knobs that you can't really set it up for the next song in advance with a different sound. It is pretty much a "find your sound and set it and forget it" pedal.

If you have the money, AnalogMan Clone Chorus y a good selection...

Latest posts

Back